Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's Go Time!

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow is the big day.  I will be at the U of U hospital at 7:30 am, and my surgery will begin at 9 am.  It will be 6 hours long, and then I'll stay in the hospital for 3-5 days.  How am I feeling?  Nervous, yet calm and excited.  Justin will be posting updates on Facebook and possibly on this blog as well.

I had my pre-op appointment today, and it went really well.  A nurse took blood samples and made sure my medical history and information was all accurate.  She answered all our questions and reassured us that all would be well tomorrow.  Tonight starting at midnight I can't eat anything until my surgery.  Up until 4 hours before, I can drink sips of water.  I am really lucky that my surgery is early in the day!

I want to express my gratitude to everyone who fasted and prayed for me this past Sunday.  I felt so much love and strength.  I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me, and that angels will be with me.  I am so grateful for the calls, texts, messages of love and support.  I love you all so much.

The past week and a half has been kind of rough- my headaches have been pretty severe and I've been in bed a lot of the time.  I've dealt with some difficult anxiety too.  It's been really tough, but it helped me see the necessity for the surgery.  It's difficult not knowing how each day will play out- whether I'll feel good or not.  My husband has been so amazing in his care of me.  So has my family, ward, and friends.  I can't express enough times how much I love you all.

Britt :)

2 comments:

  1. We love you Britt! You're in our prayers every night <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Brittany! We're thinking of you and sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete